Daisies – Floating in Drinks

Q: I would like to float daisies in my punch for a christening. Are they harmful in any way?

A: Master Gardener Mary Kay Woodworth replies: “PLEASE don’t eat the daisies! Daisies are considered toxic plants, but they are not as poisonous as many others. They contain pyrethrins, which can irritate the skin or the stomach if large quantities are ingested. Pyrethrin compounds are used in lice preparations, animal flea control, and indoor insecticides.

Here’s a list of edible flowers and serving suggestions

Tags For This Article: