1. You can properly pronounce Chickamauga, DeKalb, Dahlonega, Senoia, Buena Vista, Valdosta, Okefenokee, and La Fayette.
P.S. Atlanta = ADD-LANNA not AT-LANT-A.
P.S.S. Fayetteville = FET-VUL (the county seat of FET COUNNY)
P.S.S.S. and don’t even THINK that Houston county has anything to do with Texas!
2. You know that Forsyth is nowhere near Forsyth county, Jefferson is nowhere near Jefferson county, Jackson is nowhere near Jackson county….and the name of the Cairo High School football team is the Syrupmakers!
3. You think people who complain about the heat in their states are sissies.
4. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and look for a funnel.
5. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.
6. Stores don’t have bags or shopping carts, they have sacks and buggies.
7. You think everyone from a Yankee-state has an accent.
8. You measure distance in minutes.
9. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the ocean.
10. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit.
11. You know cowpies are not made of beef.
12. Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding date.
13. You know someone who has a belt buckle bigger than your fist.
14. Almost everyone you know is either Baptist or Methodist.
15. A Mercedes Benz isn’t a status symbol. A Chevy Silverado Extended Bed Crew Cab is.
16. You know everything goes better with Ranch dressing.
17. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply.
18. Ironically, you only crave Chick-Fil-A and alcohol on Sundays…when neither are sold.
19. On one side of the road there’s Wal-Mart and on the other is a cotton field.
20. The directions to your house include “turn off the paved road.”
21. Y’ALL is a word.
22. Fried chicken is a major part of your diet
23. Krispy Kreme doughnuts are the only kind of doughnuts you eat.
24. You call it a cold Christmas if you don’t break out in perspiration in your new sweater.
25. When a single snowflake falls, the entire state shuts down, even if it doesn’t stick. The radio and TV news will make snowstorm reports every 10 minutes and the grocery store will be completely sold out of bread, milk, bottled water, toilet paper, and beer.
26. People actually grow, eat and like okra!
27. You know the difference between a hillbilly, a redneck, and a Southerner.
28. Your dog and your wallet are both on chains.
29. Panama City Beach, Florida is a big deal.
30. You understand that at least once a year your car will turn yellow with pollen.
31. You know at least one Bubba, and maybe a few guys named Bo.
32. You say “tuna fish sandwich.”
33. You use “Sir” and “Ma’am” if there’s a remote possibility that the person you’re talking to is least 30 minutes older than you are.
34. Braves=good. Yankees=bad.
35.You love sweet tea, mashed potatoes, biscuits, and all Southern comfort food…and Southern Comfort!
36. You know you’re from GA if you know the whole “Peach State” thing only applies to those below the fall line.
37. You know you’re from Georgia if you have a flip-flop tan year round
38. You know you’re from Ga if you’ve ever used “The Big Chicken” as a basis for directions.
39. You know you’re from Georgia if you get dressed extra nice TWICE a week. Once on Sunday morning for church, and once on Friday night for the football game
40. You are 100% Georgian if you have ever had this conversation:
“You wanna Coke?”