Goats – Milk is Safe after They Consume Poison Ivy

Q: If goats eat poison ivy is the milk safe to drink?

A: Goats enjoy poison ivy foliage very much. As with dogs and cats, if the goats brush against a vine you can get a rash after petting them. However, a study in California concluded that contact with their milk is safe.

As with any life decision, I recommend you drink just a little of the milk first to see if you have a reaction.

Dairy goats used to clear poison oak do not transfer toxicant to milk

SI Exif

  • Advertisement