Private Pesticide Applicator Training Classes

Q: I am looking for the schedule for private pesticide applicator training. Where can I take it?

A: By law, a homeowner desiring to buy or apply restricted use pesticides on their own property must take a pesticide applicator training and pass a short test. The training is coordinated by county Extension offices (1-800-ASKUGA-1). Although you will be able to purchase restricted pesticides, keep in mind that many products are only sold in bulk, for the convenience of professionals. It may not make sense to take the applicator test in order to buy a gallon of concentrate costing hundreds of dollars when you could hire a pesticide application company to control weeds or pests for much less money.

  • Advertisement