A Chlorine-Based Solution Got On My Japanese Maple – Long-Term Damage?

Q: I recently had my house pressure-washed and they used a chlorine-based solution. Some of the spray got on a Japanese maple and turned some leaves brown. Will this be long term damage or will these leaves come back next year? 

A: In most cases, quickly washing bleach solution off of tree leaves prevents visible damage. But injury can happen if the work is done on a hot, sunny day. Even though your leaves were burned, I don’t think any damage will be seen on your tree next year