SUMMARY Level 2: Limits outdoor watering to two days a week on an odd-even schedule. Even-numbered addresses may water Wednesdays and Saturdays (4 p.m. to 10 a.m.); odd-numbered addresses may water Thursdays and Sundays (4 p.m. to 10 a.m.). No water for outdoor fountains, carwashes or power washing of homes.
SPECIFIC STATE RULES: Drought Response Level 2. During Drought Response Level 2, permittees shall implement all Drought Response Level 1 measures plus the following additional Drought Response Level 2 measures: Here are the Level 1 rules.
(a) General Outdoor Watering. Outdoor irrigation for purposes of planting, growing, managing, or maintaining ground cover, trees, shrubs, or other plants, as described in Rule 391-3-30-.03(1)(a), shall be limited to two days a week on an odd-even schedule. Even numbered addresses may irrigate on Wednesday and Saturday between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. Odd numbered addresses may irrigate on Thursday and Sunday between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. “Even numbered address” means an address number ending with the number 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, or the site does not have a numbered address. “Odd numbered address” means an address ending with the number 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9.
(b) Specific Categories of Outdoor Water Use. The outdoor water uses listed in Rule 391-3-30-.03(1)(b) shall be allowed.
(c) The following outdoor water uses shall not be allowed, except as provided below:
1. Washing hard surfaces such as streets, gutters, sidewalks and driveways, except when necessary for public health and safety;
2. Using water for ornamental purposes, such as fountains, reflecting pools, and waterfalls;
3. Use of fire hydrants, except for the purposes of firefighting, public health, safety, or flushing;
4. Washing vehicles, such as cars, boats, trailers, motorbikes, airplanes, or golf carts;
5. Non-commercial washing, or pressure washing, of buildings or structures, except for immediate fire protection; and
6. Charity, or non-commercial fund-raiser, car washes.