Dog – Chewing on Mushrooms

Q: When mushrooms pop up in my back yard, my dog chews on them and becomes sick. Is there anything to keep him from doing this?

A: Mushrooms in a landscape are unavoidable when you have warm temperatures and rain.

Perhaps the best way to deal with the problem id to teach the dog a new trick: that mushrooms don’t taste good.

Although some dogs appear to be too stubborn to train, many pet owners use Grannick’s Bitter Apple spray to prevent chewing on furniture and shows.

Try spraying the product on some mushrooms before your dog goes into the yard looking for something to chew.

I’d be interested to hear how this works for you.

  • Advertisement