Farm – Proper Zoning

Q: We are under contract to buy a seven acre property just outside the Perimeter. It has a nice house and a horse barn with different sections of fencing for livestock. We want to make this an after school/camp/birthday party/farm-styled kind of place to showcase animals and gardening to city folk. Do you have advice?

A: Your first job is to make sure your property is properly zoned for the activities you plan. I wouldn’t spend much money until zoning is assured. After that, call your local Extension office at 1-800-ASKUGA1and ask for University of Georgia resources. Also contact your local Natural Resources Conservation Service office ( for soil protection advice. I have information about horse management at

  • Advertisement