Why I Do Not Care For Bradford Pear
It has pretty white flowers and glossy green leaves; it grows easily just about anywhere. So why do I recommend against planting it?
- It WILL eventually start dropping big limbs.
- For a lot of people, the flowers stink.
- If it produces fruit, new thorny sprouts will pop up everywhere.
- If you cut it down, thorny root sprouts will pop up everywhere.
- The thorns are sharp enough to puncture a tractor tire.
- There are other attractive trees that don’t have so many problems.