Mothballs – Poisonous

Q: I heard on your radio show that mothballs can be poisonous. I’ve used them and I am just hoping for some clarification: are they poisonous to humans or animals only? Should we be expecting to experience particular symptoms? If they are dangerous, what can we do about them?

A: I’m not a doctor but I’d like you to contact yours and ask about the effects of prolonged exposure to napthalene or paradichlorobenzene.

Refer also to these: ToxFAQ and PDB Chemical Profile.

I would remove the mothballs and begin live- trapping and removing the squirrels in your yard.

  • Advertisement