Treated Wood – Timbersil

Q: A few weeks ago, I asked on the radio if you had heard about a wood product that was treated with glass for use in raised beds. You didn’t have any information on it, but I found some and wanted to pass it on to you.

The product was one of several talked about on the show “Ask This Old House”, but I only heard a few seconds of information. It is called Timbersil, and is treated with what they refer to as Sodium Silicate Technology. There is more information here.

They were saying on the show that it is a new product, and the price is much cheaper than the plastic or other alternatives they reviewed for use in raised beds.

Contact info is:
7481 Huntsman Blvd, Suite 520
Springfield VA 22153

A: Sounds interesting…thanks for your hard work!

  • Advertisement