Name that plant

Back to Name that Plant

  • Date Photo Taken

    08 / 27 / 2013

  • Season Photo Was Taken


  • Region Photo Was Taken


  • City


  • State


  • Posted by



Hi everyone I am taking care of the wonderful dog, Annie, in the picture. She has apparently been nibbling on the plant in the picture repeatedly for several months and has developed some problems with her liver. While her liver issues are likely unrelated to plant ingestion, I was wondering if anyone could help name the plant so I can look into it to make sure? I’m going to feel silly if everyone says that it is poison ivy… (but at least it isn’t toxic!)


  • Stella Registered says:

    Great – thanks for your help!

    September 2nd, 2013 at 8:59pm

  • Bobby Master Identifier says:

    Yikes! Leaves of three don’t touch me but if they are ALTERNATE relax it’s not poison ivy.

    September 2nd, 2013 at 5:48pm

  • Bobby Master Identifier says:

    Leaves of three don’t touch me but if their opposite relax it’s not poison ivy! This mystery may be American Beech. Beech is included on links regarding toxic plants and pets however it doesn’t receive the attention that English ivy gets. It kinda looks like Scooby is standing in a patch of it.

    September 2nd, 2013 at 4:17pm

  • Advertisement

Leave A Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.